Name:Robin "Fringenator" Stout
1. Please let our audience know how it feels to be a superstar. i.e. How does it feel to be a superstar?
Well, I'm not sure how it feels to be a superstar but I do know how it feels to be a Fringenator... and Wow, I must say is just so very cool and everything. Fabadabado!!!
2. Please, in the greatest detail possible, define Vintage:
...52 going on 53..with gray hair and a cute round figure... craving sugar, coffee, company, and a super raging shopaholic.
3. How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? Only joking. We would like to know why you are so obsessed with old stuff?
Old stuff isn't old when you are old stuff. It just is so interesting, fascinating, unique, wild, out there, groovy... can you feel it... wow, man, wow.
4. What would you say to someone who does not like vintage to try to get them to like it?
Take a look see.. and give it a try. You will fall in love with the crazy stimulating vibes vintage gives off. You will stand out and become interesting, and feel so damn good... and you will be green if you know what I mean.
5. Do you yourself wear vintage? And if so, what is your favorite piece? I wear vintage everyday.. my ears are so very happy to be hangin' with the 50's, 60's, and somethings 70's.
6. Isn't it mentally unhealthy to always be living in the past? Are you afraid of the future?
Yeah man... the future sucks and the past rocks... I was young, cute, hot... sexy and had big dreams...and liked boys.
7. Do you think vintage stuff is going to save the world? Could it? and if yes, in what way(s)?
If everyone, would just reach out and grab hold of a piece of the past, happiness would follow, and if everyone were happy and no one was sad, then no one would kill, maim, destroy, throw up, litter, take drugs, steal, smoke, torture animals, pee in our oceans and rivers, cut down trees, make plastic, marry, have kids.... the world would be saved... Yes, I do believe Vintage can save the world...
8. Who is your favorite clothing designer? Why?
Coldplay... I love red hair, big teeth, and a totally sexy voice... in flannel and jeans...
9. Who wrote Moby Dick? And don't you think that title is a little racy for this modern world? Why or why not?
Herman Monster... no Melview, Melvin... I like big dicks and I cannot lie... perfuckly acceptable.
10. If you could travel to any city or country in the world free of cost, where would it be?
Austrailia... I love the accent... and the convicts and snakes, bad weather and shit like that.
11. Why do you want to own your own business? Have you got something against bosses?
Shit yeah... Bosses suck ass. Do this do that... work more more more!!! for no money honey... and sell your soul and 15 years later you realize you've been screwed.
12. In four words, describe your store:
Kick ass, Kick ass..!!
13. In four different words, describe your Portland store.
Even better then Kelso. (kick ass x 10)
14. Which is your favorite by-gone era? Why?
The 70's... I was young... great music, fun fashion, and very little to worry about...
15. What goals do you have for your vintage empire?
My goal is to surpass Starbucks... at least 10-50 stores in every city in the USA and Europe!!! Really, I am totally serious...
Get the full experience; visit Robin at her Kelso location! tel (360) 423-4816
Right across the street from the ol' train station!
408 S. Pacific Ave.
Kelso, WA 98626