1/20/09

HAPPY INAUGURATION DAY BARACK OBAMA, WORLD!!

I felt really happy watching the inauguration today. I didn't wake up in time to catch it live: That's what our internets armies are for!

I thought these were a few radiant gems from his speech. He's such a poet:

"[...] we are willing to extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

"In reaffirming the greatness of our nation, we understand that greatness is never given. It must be earned."

"This is the price and the promise of citizenship."

and perhaps my favorite,
"[...] your people will judge you on what you can build, not what you destroy."

I also loved this quote that he threw in from the "father of our nation." Quite nice, very appropriate,

"Let it be told to the future of the world...that in the depth of winter, when nothing but hope and virtue could survive...that the city and the country, alarmed at one common danger, came forth to meet it."


Neither did the first lady disappoint, as can be expected from the most fashion conscious first wife since yeah, her. I adored her choice of outfit for this historic occasion. The color choice for the dress/duster combo surprised me when I first saw it, but then I realized what a classy choice it was indeedy. BTW, TOTALLY a vintage inspired piece! I guess it's worth mentioning that the designer was Cuban-born Isabel Toledo. How symbolic, maybe? Probably.

<3 fringe vintage
open everyday

No comments: