2/18/09

Dear yous,

We here at Fringe Vintage are very, very busy trying to prepare for you the loads and loads of clothing that continues to arrive in our warehaus by the, well, LOAD. This takes time. As you may or may not know, almost everything that we buy is washed/cleaned, then steamed before it can make its way to our racks. Some items have to be repaired while others get permanently damaged in the preparation process. We are doing our very best though, so please be patient. I can tell you this much: there will be much spring/summer goodness in the weeks to come. Many new accessories as well. Hallelujah for the sunshine today!
Another interesting note--during yesterdays post on the transcendental I realized that somehow I was going to have to relate the post to vintage and/or fashion. I failed to do this clearly in words, I did, however, do it in picture. Note the death-like Yohji Yamamoto fashion image in the right hand corner. I came upon this image simply by googling "death fashion". I was satisfied with the result, as I could leave the linkage up to the reader him/herself and write about whatever I wanted to write about. Thus, today I gives you:
HALLELUJAH FASHION

I don't think this one makes quite as much sense, as I was expecting something more along the lines of a fashion angel in fashion heaven, but Jeff Buckley is certainly an angel in his own right, so I'm going to keep him. I have also been in love with him since I was 16. The image showed up of course because of his completely amazing famous cover of the Leonard Cohen song "Hallelujah". If you haven't heard either version then you need to do so at once. For your convenience, and because it is totally hilarious and I want to watch it again, I have below posted a video of some brother Cohen Hallelujah action circa 1980 something. Enjoy!

<3 fringe vintage
open everyday

No comments: