1/17/09

oh no oh no

So... Mudhoney is playing at Slabtown on February 7th! No shite. I've been debating whether or not to just go ahead and get a wristband for their Bender '09, and then I realized that I mostly have to work the whole time, and then I became afraid that I would miss Mudhoney because the tickets are probably going to sell out, and so now I just don't know what to do. You do realize that Slabtown is right around the corner from our store, right? You do realize how insanely stupid it would be of me not to go to this? These guys were my heroes for about 7 months a very long time ago now. This was part of an era where I would tear show posters off telephone poles in Seattle and then take them home and staple them to my walls--like ten years before I could get into a bar. Please help me?

2 comments:

Danny503 said...

Whoa. Go, absolutely get the wrist band and check out as many of the bands as possible. That show is basically a showcase for Goner Records from Memphis, one of the best garage labels in the country, and is also hosting great bands from Siltbreeze and tons of excellent local acts. The real highlights are of course the headliners: Mudhoney (Duh), Pierced Arrows (Holy holy these guys are heros), and Jack Oblivion (Ex Oblivions member, his current work is pretty good garage/folk at times sounding like Johnny Thunders, Lou Reed, and every other good band from the early 70's. Great album from Memphis' finest, Goner). Hank IV, excellent straight forward rock with a slight punk leaning just put out an album on Siltbreeze (One of my fav labels) that is pretty bitchn'. Other bands I think are worth checking out are:King Louie, Harlan T. Bobo, Hairspray Blues, Ty Segall, and The Wires. I'm pretty jealous over here in the land without Rock & Roll, I hope you wind up checking out at least some of the bands.

erin & scott said...

thank you. ive decided to go ahead and get the wrist band. youve been very helpful. dont be jealousss.